What is Mojo-Zen?

My photo
Mojo-Zen is the collected ramblings of zoologist and cultural explorer, Will Benson.

Saturday 14 July 2012

'Kingdom of Plants: A Journey Through Their Evolution' - a book by Will Benson

Although a zoologist by education I seem to have spent a rather disproportionally large amount of my time recently focusing on the lives of the botanical world. Well not being someone to do things by half, after finishing my work on Kingdom of Plants for Sky 3D last year I set about writing the accompanying book.


The book, entitled Kingdom of Plants: A Journey Through Their Evolution, is an exploration of the diversity of Earth's rich plant life. Its 256 pages and over 200 colour photographs tell the tales of the most bizarre and beautiful forms of floral life, the incredible ways they shape the environments they live in, and just how fundamental they are to the survival of our own species.

Finally after 4 months of researching, writing, editing, sourcing images and re-writing, I'm very pleased to say that the book is now published with Harper Collins and ready for you to feast your eyes upon. Available from Amazon / Waterstones / iTunes. I'm especially thrilled to announce that BBC Wildlife magazine selected it as 'book of the month' in their July 2012 issue.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment